Two-week road tour in Algeria 2022: £TBC
Date and availability • FAQs
For March 2022 I’m reviving an old idea: a Road Trip deep into the Algerian Sahara, giving you a chance to experience the fabulous desert highways and landscapes from the ease and comfort of your big road bike. We meet in Spain, ferry to Algeria and then set off on a 5000-kilometre ride, over the Atlas mountains and into the Sahara.
Right now it’s too soon to confirm anything until the pandemic an its affect on travel are settled but here are some highlights:
- Crossing the High Plateaux and Atlas Saharien
- Riding the Trans-Sahara Highway
- Gazing at the huge dunes of the Grand Erg
- Staying in picturesque Saharan oases
- Exploring ruined ksars, citadels and Foreign Legion forts
- Marvelling at pre-historic rock art and petrified forests
- Relaxing in ambient lodgings
- Camping under the Saharan stars
- And above all, enjoying a unique motorcycling adventure
While not all roads will be pristine ribbons of desert blacktop found in America, Namibia or Australia, from Europe the Sahara is a whole lot easier to get to with your own bike, and the challenges will be manageable and fun. A back-up van driven by a mechanic will accompany us from Spain, carrying your gear (if you want) and ensuring that, if your bike packs up, it will be recovered to Spain at no cost.